Rebecca grew up in Corpus Christi, Texas and graduated from Richard King High School. Rebecca attended Texas A&M University for her undergraduate degree and is proud to be a Fightin’ Texas Aggie! She is married to Andrew Carrillo, who is originally from Mesquite, Texas and is also a graduate of Texas A&M University. Rebecca is consistently recognized by her peers for her legal expertise. Rebecca is a strong litigator and is not afraid to go to court and her peers know this about her. She has handled hundreds of cases ranging from the negotiation of a high asset prenuptial agreements to the handling of contentious custody cases. What is unique about Rebecca is that she personally oversees all aspects of your case. You are not just “another file” to Rebecca. She truly cares about protecting what is most important, your children and your financial security. Rebecca’s clients respect and appreciate her communication skills and her client centered approach to representation. As one of the best San Antonio divorce attorneys around, Rebecca is not afraid to go trial if your case needs that but she also understands that often the best outcomes are achieved in negotiations or by utilizing other methods outside the courtroom to resolve your case. This is why Rebecca is particularly passionate about Collaborative Divorces because it protects families from the brutality of court. When Rebecca is not in court or working on cases, she enjoys traveling with her husband, snorkeling, and taking her dog Farley to the park. Farley also comes to the office on a daily basis with Rebecca. We consider him the mascot of the office. So, be prepared to be greeted by a happy and lively Boston Terrier when you come to the office.
Rebecca J. Carrillo is a Texas Board Certified attorney in Family Law. Board Certification is a mark of excellence, one that roughly 10% of Texas attorneys can claim. Only Board Certified attorneys in Texas can publicly represent themselves as a specialist in their area of law. As a Board Certified attorney, Rebecca J. Carrillo has set herself apart as being an attorney with the highest public commitment to the practice of Family Law in Texas.
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Texas Super Lawyers ‘Rising Stars’ List
- 2016-Top 100 Lawyers (According to The National Advocates)
- 10 Best of 2016-Client Satisfaction Survey (American Institute of Family Law Attorneys)
- 2015 Best S.A. Lawyers San Antonio Scene Magazine(According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2014 S.A. Scene’s Rising Stars- The City’s Brightest New Lawyers(According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2012 Client Distinction Award- Martindale Hubbell
- 2011 Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law (According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2010 Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law (According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- BA (Political Science & Sociology), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (2006)
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, School of Law, San Antonio, TX (2009)
- Honors: 2008-2009-Magister for the honors legal fraternity, Phi Delta Phi-Tarlton Inn
- Supreme Court of Texas for State of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rebecca J. Covarrubias, Comment, Lives in Defense Counselor Hands: The Problems and Responsibilities of Defense Counsel Representing Mentally Ill or Mentally Retarded Capital Defendants, 11 Scholar 413 (2009).
- Aggie Bar Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association: Family Law Division
- San Antonio Bar Association: Litigation Section
- San Antonio Bar Association: Appellate Law Section